Your Sailing Experience
For Private Charters or Ticketed Sails your day on the water begins the same.
- Our onshore staff will greet you at our docks 30 minutes prior to sailing. If your private charter involves multiple yachts , we’ll organize your guests into teams prior to boarding. Waivers will be signed and then we proceed down the docks to the yachts.
- Our crew will assist with boarding and stow guest’s gear below deck and familiarize them with the yacht.
- The Captain will introduce the crew and give a safety talk and history of the yacht as they cast off the dock.
- All Guest are encouraged to help raise the sails as you head out through the harbor.
- Guests who wish to participate will be assigned sailing positions and given instructions. Those who do not wish to help sail can sit back, relax and enjoy the experience.
- Our friendly and professional crew will involve the guests in the sailing if desired, point out safety tips, retrieve guest’s stowed gear from below decks, pass out complimentary beverages and answer any questions the guests may have - our crew is there to enrich your sailing experience.
- All the yachts have a head (bathroom), galley (simple kitchen) and comfortable banquettes if guest want to go down below and get out of the sun.
- We tailor the sail to suit your needs, whether you’re seeking relaxation or the challenge of a team building charter program, we make planning a sailing event effortless for you.
- Crew assign positions and guests are given instruction.
- Teams practice trimming, gibing and coming about prior to racing.
- Once practice is complete, teams head to the start line. The race course will depend on weather conditions and length of charter. The start will be either “rabbit start” or a Race Committee boat will coordinate the start.
- We aim for 2-3 races per charter, depending on the length of charter. It’s also dependent on if you are taking a break for lunch.
- Once the day’s racing is complete, enjoy a casual sail back to the docks. It’s time to relax and recount the day of racing!
Leisurely Sail Charters
- It’s your day - your way! We will head up the Bay or go offshore, depending upon weather conditions and your desire.
- Guests are welcome to help set the sails, trim and take the helm if they wish. Otherwise our skilled crew can do all the sailing and make your guests comfortable.
- We’ll arrange all your provisions for you or you are welcome to bring your own food and beverages on board. Our local vendor partners have delicious options to fit all tastes.
For both Private Sails or Ticketed Sails
- Once we return to the harbor and the sails are lowered and flaked, we return to our docks conveniently located downtown.
- Guest’s gear is retrieved from down below decks and crew will assist with disembarking the sailing yacht.
At the day's end your guest will leave with a truly unique and memorable experience of 12 Meter sailing aboard our legendary yachts. We look forward to having you aboard with America’s Cup Charters.
What to Wear
Be prepared for temperatures on the water to be cooler than on shore, especially in the Spring or Fall. Since New England weather can change quickly, regardless of the weather forecast, we suggest you dress in layers. We recommend that you bring the following in a soft sided bag which can be stowed below deck:
For Spring and Fall Sailing
- A sweater and windbreaker or a warm jacket.
- Warm cap.
- If you are wearing shorts, bring a pair of long pants.
- Rubber soled sneakers with warm socks–please no black soled shoes!
- Sunglasses with a croaky.
For Summer Sailing
- A cap or hat with a brim.
- Sunglasses with a croaky.
- Rubber soled deck shoes or sneakers–please no black soled shoes!
- A light windbreaker, sweater or fleece jacket.
We sail rain or shine so bring rain gear if you have it otherwise we have do rain pants and jackets onboard for our guest.